Scanning

Tue Sep 20 22:44:21 CDT 2005

> I have some documents I am going to be scanning.  [...]

> Questions:

> a) What resolution should I use for these two things?

As high as available.  (If you're tight on disk, I could see backing
off a bit, but storage will only get cheaper, and scans, once made,
will never get better.)

> b) What OCR software do you recommend when I am scanning a book that
> has to be scanned 1 page at a time.

I have no recommendations, since I've never used OCR software; I'm
answering this point to point to the discussion in the archives about
what format to store scans in, since a number of the points made in
that thread apply here.  (We _do_ have archives, I trust?)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca