IRIX 5.3 system: any access?

Ryan Blair blairrya at msu.edu
Fri Apr 14 15:59:28 CDT 2006

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 13:38:41 -0700
jim stephens <jwstephens at msm.umr.edu> wrote:

> Also, a friend cautioned that these could of type "EFS" and if that
> is so, be sure not
> to try to mount them on linux EFS, as the type names are the same,
> the system are
> definitely not.

I've never had trouble reading any IRIX disks (or install media, for
that matter) formatted with EFS under Linux, unless the filesystem was
already corrupted. I use Linux's EFS support fairly frequently (some
of the IRIX install media are EFS), since I use Linux as a netinstall
server for IRIX. Works fine in 2.4.x and 2.6.x .

-Ryan