TSX sources, distribution, etc.

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Wed Apr 19 09:20:36 CDT 2006

Stuart,

On Tuesday 18 April 2006 22:08, you wrote:

> It has been many months since you promised to release the TSX archives. How
> about sending or putting online for download exactly what you received?
> Isn't that what you told the author at S&H what you were going to do?

The source listings are already up on bitsavers - and one of my DCL (DEC
Computer Lunch) buddies here in SV has written a special OCR program that is
scanning the listings to re-create the original MACRO sources of TSX. So
there's plenty going on (no commitments on that totally happening, timing,
etc.).

> This is ridiculous. Should I approach S&H myself, on behalf of all of the
> other interested parties?

"Ridiculous" is in the mind of the beholder. Yes, I could have taken the time
to put up the TSX website as opposed to obtaining every RL02 pack and SMD
drive I could from S&H, preserving the contents, etc. But I figured that
"exercise", which took weeks of my time was more important than "releasing"
TSX code.

I'm required under my agreement with S&H to have a website where I can "log"
and "verify" to a reasonable extent that only hobbiests will be downloading
the system, etc.

I am committed to getting TSX into the hands of the "folks" - but I estimate
that it will take a week or so of my time - contiguous - to do it. That
hasn't happened yet - but I promise it will.

Regards,
Lyle
--
Lyle Bickley