VAX ADVENTURE, was Re: RL02 problem

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sat Apr 22 11:54:15 CDT 2006

At 5:13 PM +0200 4/22/06, Gooijen, Henk wrote:
>I have Planetfall and Leather goddess of Phobos (IIRC), but they are
>for the ATARI. I once tried Zemu in RT-11 in SIMH :-) but I missed
>the correct library to get the OBJs linked. Never finished it.

I'm guessing you were missing the SYSTEM.MLB library?

Megan did the RT-11 port against RT-11 5.7, and there is a good
chance you won't be able to run it on any other version, with the
possible exception of 5.6.  I did build an early version of ZEMU on
5.6, but had to do the following:

Added to ZRT.MAC
GETAVO::
	RETURN
GETCOL::
	RETURN
GETSOF::
	RETURN

My notes seem to indicate these are some routines that Johnny had
added to the version of the source that I had, but hadn't told Megan
about at the point that I grabbed the source.  I was unable to build
on 5.6 against a later version.

I couldn't get this to build against 5.4, and at the time didn't have
5.5.  I don't know if I ever found time to try building the V1 or
V1.5 source.

I should still have the old version that works on my PDP-11.

>  > Quite a rare beast.  If you ever find one, let us know.
>
>So, list members ... who has a copy of Zork for RT-11, and is willing
>to make it available?   :-)

Good luck finding a copy of the official release.  I know I don't
have a copy, and I don't know anyone who does.

		Zane