Looking for working DEC M8357 (RX8E)

Josh Dersch derschjo at pilot.msu.edu
Mon Apr 24 23:10:59 CDT 2006

I'm trying to get my PDP-8/e running a "real" OS (as opposed to loading
programs one at a time from papertape).

I've had an RX02 drive (supposedly working) in my possession for some
time, and I just need to find a working M8357 to seal the deal.  I
currently have a non-functional M8357 -- I get an error code from the
dirxac diagnostic that translates to "Unexpected Transfer Request
Flag."  I'm not much of a hardware hacker, unfortunately, so I'm in no
position to debug/repair the board.

If anyone out there has an M8357 they're willing to part with, or has
the ability to repair these things, please let me know.

Thanks!
Josh