Zemu

Megan Gentry mbg at world.std.com
Thu Apr 27 01:06:17 CDT 2006

I must fess-up to the problem with the RT Zemu, as I wrote it...

Bein an RT developer, I usually used the latest and greatest version of
RT which we had available.  At the time I worked on the RT modules for
Zemu, V5.5 of RT was available, and SYSTEM.MLB was available with it.

I used it since it was the standard to use it for programs... I used it
in everything I worked on, just as the rest of the development team did.

The problem is that it means the code cannot be assembled with a version
of RT which doesn't have it.  That should NOT mean, however, that if one
were to get a copy of it that it couldn't be used with an earlier
version.  I certainly wouldn't try SYSTEM.MLB on a V4 system, but maybe
V5 or later... V5.3 *should* work (we were using it internally even
before it was released), but there are no guarantees.

SYSTEM.MLB isn't, however, some magical file -- it simple was what we
used as a centralized library of macros which defined structures within
RT-11.  If one were to go through the RT Zemu code, they could be
derived with a little knowledge of RT.

I've had little time to even look into it for quite some time owing to
work pressures...

| Megan Gentry, PP-ASEL,ST,EMT/B | email: mbg at world.std.com         |
| Former RT-11 Developer         |                                     |
|                                | URL:     http://world.std.com/~mbg/ |
|                                | "pdp-11 programmer - some assembler |
|                  (DEC '77-'98) |  required." - mbg            KB1FCA |