OT: <was springfield> <is data transfer via parallel port off old systems>

Don Y dgy at DakotaCom.Net
Wed Aug 2 16:02:29 CDT 2006

Roy J. Tellason wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 August 2006 03:24 pm, jim stephens wrote:
>> Laplink had cables for the serial port, I don't recall if it had a
>> parallel version that was reliable, as far as dos to dos data transfer.
>
> I can't speak to the reliability of it,  but it did indeed have a parallel
> option,  which of course required a different special cable.  Never used it
> here though.

IIRC, there were two "bright colored" cables -- one for parallel
and one for serial.

I have an *8* headed "laplink" (lowercase L) cable but, IIRC,
they are just various combinations of connectors/genders and
pinouts (but still a serial cable).