HP3000/922 attempts at booting...

Bob Brown bbrown at harpercollege.edu
Fri Aug 4 16:29:59 CDT 2006

I am trying to get my "new" hp3000/922 up and running.  It is going
through startup diagnostics but is failing to boot.
If anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate them.  Here is some info:

The message:
"error in IODC_ENTRY_INIT call to initialize Logical Module (LM)
status returned from IODC=-7"

The system appears to have 2 internal HPIB disks and 2 external HPIB
disks (in a separate rack).
There are 2 HPIB boards in the chassis and 3 HPIB ports at the bottom
of the CPU (below the I/O chassis)...thus I have
a potential of 5 places to connect the external HPIB drives to...I'm
not sure where to plug 'em in.

The external drives have ID's of 2 and 4.

The system also has a SCSI card, but no scsi devices that I am aware of.

The system has a default primary boot path of 4.1.0.0.0.0 and a
secondary of 4.1.3.0.0.0

I have tried to force a boot to each of these addresses but neither one works.

I am experiences with hp9000 systems w/scsi drives, but hpib is new to me.

thanks for any ideas!

-Bob
--
bbrown at harpercollege.edu   ####  ####    Bob Brown - KB9LFR
Harper Community College   ##  ##  ##    Systems Administrator