Not classic, but free: HP-UX (and the B2000)

Scott Quinn compoobah at valleyimplants.com
Fri Aug 4 21:52:19 CDT 2006

> Is that a new feature? Do you get the Customer ID and Licence Code for
>free now? (These are necessary to unlock e.g. the compilers on the
>Applications CD)

As I said in the first post, I am unsure as to the legality. There does not seem to be any license manager
style enforcement in place. I was able to install compilers and SoftBench from the "HP-UX 11i Version 1 Application Software
for HP Visualize workstations and HP 9000 Enterprise Servers June 2006 - Software on this disk is unsecured" disk and run
SoftBench and a lazy poke at aCC to see if it griped. It didn't.

Take that for what it's worth. The CD's were free, after all, and you can always use GCC. At this point, I'm busy wth school and building
S/W on my SGIs, so I'm not going to mess with it any more just now.