New to the list

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Aug 5 18:53:23 CDT 2006

> You think YOU are suprised? Well, if you were to have open up a system
> to find the CPU in fragments, and between the fragments be a dust

Do you mean the CPU chip, the PCB substrate, or what?

[...]

> a Arkanoid disk (duct tape over the floppy HD hole, anyone? Instant 800k
> disk!)

Oh not _again_. There is a real difference between DD and HD disks. The
coercivity of the media _is_ different. Sure, for 3.5" disks it's
close, and may work in most cases, but none-the-less I am not going to
risk my data that way... The cost of a the media is a lot less than my
time in recreating said data (or even restoring it from a backup).