Source for Ethernet AUI/TP tranceivers?

mbbrutman-cctalk at brutman.com mbbrutman-cctalk at brutman.com
Fri Aug 11 09:32:43 CDT 2006

I managed to hack a Western Digital Ethernet card onto my PCjr and I'm pretty
happy about it.  Using a packet driver and my own UDP implementation I can get
24KB/sec off of the machine with UDP checksums, and about 39KB/sec with UDP
checksums turned off.

The bad news is that I have a few more of these cards but the twisted pair
connector is designed for LattisNet.  LattisNet is a precursor to the standard
Ethernet over twisted pair and it is supposed to be close, but my hubs aren't
buying it.

The cards have AUI adapters and I was lucky enough to have exactly 1 CentreCom
210 which works fine.  I need more though - like about 10.  They're on eBay,
but buying them onesy-twosy will bankrupt me on shipping.

Does anybody have a few they want to unload, or know of a good seller?  Also,
are all AUI/TP tranceivers equal or should I be looking for something better?

Thanks,
Mike