Group buy for homebrew CPU

CRC technobug at comcast.net
Sat Aug 12 02:18:40 CDT 2006

On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:01:13 -0700, "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at sydex.com>
wrote:

> On 8/11/2006 at 11:08 AM Don wrote:
>
>> Didn't SDS make something like that?
>
> As in Scientific Data Systens, then XDS, (Xerox), then oblivion?  I
> wasn't
> aware that they did.  At one time async logic was a hot topic.

IIRC the PDP 9 (and possibly the 5 and 7) were async machines. That
was my first "personal" computer (nobody else wanted to touch it...)
and I spent many hour programming and keeping the beast running. When
the thing failed it was a real pain to troubleshoot. You would find a
signal on the backplane that was out of spec, but when you put the
card on the extension board to troubleshoot the damn thing would
start working. That and the unique control "memory" that would stop
working when things got damp...

	CRC