KVMs

Teo Zenios teoz at neo.rr.com
Sun Aug 13 18:46:41 CDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Quinn" <compoobah at valleyimplants.com>
To: <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 13, 2006 6:40 PM
Subject: RE: KVMs

> Don said
>
> > Amusing to think someone will spend $125+/node
> >just to live WITHOUT a keyboard!  :-(
>
> Somewhat disappointing, too. The way you run servers without keyboards is
using a serial terminal plugged into a multiplexer.
> Clean, and substantially less pricy. No Wizards or other excuses, though -
you have to know your stuff for that.

Do you people realy spend $1000 for a multi system KVM for home use?

I have 5 KVM's in use here (1 Belkin SOHO 4 port PS2/USB/Audio, 2 x Belkin
Omnivew 4 port PS/2 +Serial (one is a slave of the other for 8 ports), 1
Dr.Bott 4 port ADB, and 1 12 port Black Box ADB model). What would be nice
is a KVM for my 2000 and 3000 Amigas. I purchased the Belkin SOHO new for
$140 or so, the others were from ebay at $50 or less. They cover my
collection of mac and x86 PC's (except for my Tandy 1000 HX that has its own
monitor anyway) while I still have to use monitors for my Commodores, IIgs,
and 1040st. I don't realy mind having monitors for the computer in a
keyboard system but for Macs and PCs I prefer a KVM.

TZ