KVMs

Don THX1138 at dakotacom.net
Sun Aug 13 20:58:22 CDT 2006

Tom Peters wrote:
> At 05:51 PM 8/13/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>> Teo Zenios wrote:
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Don" <THX1138 at dakotacom.net>

I believe each of my KVM's have a "feature" like that.  I only
tried it on the one I *know* claims to have that feature.

And it locked up!

Also, does your "tap CTRL" feature get confused if you use
CTRL as a modifier for a mouse action and "coincidentally"
happen to type a numeric key thereafter?  (or, does your
switch monitor the mouse simultaneously and INSIST that
the mouse "does nothing" while you tap CTRL?).

I suspect it might also be a problem or gamers (??)

The long version of the short answer is:  I prefer
out-of-band signaling  :>