KVM's

Segin segin2005 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 14:40:15 CDT 2006

Bruce Lane wrote:
> Hi, Don,

> On 12-Aug-06 at 15:48 Don wrote:
>
> 	<snippety>
>
>>It doesn't take long to realize that this is a non-solution:
>>- keyboards are PS2, Sun, USB, ADB, etc.
>>- mice are PS2, Serial, Sun, USB, ADB, etc.

I thought the whole idea behind USB was a "Universal" serial bus.

>>- video is Sun's 13W3, HD15, DEC's RGB, apple's DB15, etc.

Sun/PC/AppleDB15 are all just VGA with different packaging. I read the
manual for my Apple 15" Monitor, and it has a pinout in the back
describing that it was basically VGA on a different connectior.

--
The real problem with C++ for kernel modules is: the language just sucks.
	-- Linus Torvalds