Archived a few PERQ games...

Josh Dersch derschjo at msu.edu
Wed Aug 16 01:59:09 CDT 2006

I've spent a few hours this evening transferring software from my PERQ
over the serial port at 9600 baud, and I thought I'd share them, since
there don't seem to be many games archived on the 'net (feel free to
correct me if I'm wrong on that count :).

Thus far I've archived binaries & source for:
 - PERQMan (seems to be an early version, looks like a 100% clone of
Pac-Man, vs. the changed sprites & "Perq Interactive Debugger" name I've
seen in screenshots)
 - Chess
 - Puzzle

These are available at: http://yahozna.dhs.org/computers/software/PERQ/

These all compile and run under POS (I have D.6 running on my machine).
If I'm wasting my time (i.e. if these bits have already been archived
somewhere, let me know so I don't spend more time painfully extracting
these files one at a time over a serial link...)

There are a handful of other games and utilities (a vt52 emulator, a
Pente game, etc..) that I'll be getting to sometime later this week.

Additionally, I'm working on archiving a raw image of the 14" Shugart in
my PERQ (again, over the serial port).  I've written a simple pascal
program to do the dumping and I'm doing it 10 cylinders at a time since
it takes so long :).  My goal eventually is to write a PERQ emulator,
but we'll see how that turns out...

Josh