Sinclair ZX80 questions

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 12:40:41 CDT 2006

On 22/8/06 18:31, "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:

> On 8/22/2006 at 8:17 AM Adrian Graham wrote:
>
>> Ah yes, the famous exploding Black Watch, still going for silly money on
>> epay even if it doesn't work!
>
> After I couldn't get any cooperation in getting the needed parts for mine,
> I tossed it out.  Your comment probably explains why the company
> stonewalled on my requests for a complete kit.   I bought a Commodore watch
> instead--for $15.  Sadly, I don't have it any longer, but I still do have
> my National Semiconductor LCD watch.  In both instances, perspiration did a
> number on the circuitry.

Heh, I'm wearing my Commodore watch now, datestamped 07/77 and still getting
admiring glances from all and sundry. When I flew from the UK to Guernsey
(in the Channel Islands) the other weekend I wasn't allowed to take it into
the cabin because of the terrorist threats - "it looks like it might set
something off!" was one comment. Nice :)

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator