Age cutoff, was: Recommendations for operating system

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Mon Aug 28 22:00:20 CDT 2006

Tony wrote....
>> Or how about just "No beige boxes!"   ;)
>
> And what have you got against HP9000s ?

Tony's comment brings to light the obvious fact as to how difficult it is to
come up with a coherent definition of what's on-topic. No matter what you
come up with, someone can punch lots of holes in it. Of course, I've seen
many here (not referring to Tony) on the list jump in and suggest criteria
and then poke holes in their own suggestion themselves.

Seems like trolling to me... or perhaps just wanting to hear/see yourself
opine/type.