10 Year Rule

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Tue Aug 29 07:19:29 CDT 2006

Zane wrote....
> When was the 10 year rule revoked?
Apparently my many posts on this over the past few years were missed. Ok,
for your benefit, consider the revocation date 8/29/06.

> I'm pretty sure the 10 year definition dates back to the beginning, I know
> it was in place 3 months after the list was formed.
When it was created has little bearing on when it was retired or it's
relevance today.

> There are most definitely some *very* cool systems that are less than 10
> years old.
Sure there is. "Cool" doesn't necessarily mean on-topic though. There's
probably lists on the internet somewhere that they can be discussed.

Jay