Statement & apology (was Re: 10 Year Rule)

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Aug 29 10:57:55 CDT 2006

At 9:51 AM -0500 8/29/06, Jay West wrote:
>The revocation date was 2005/05/08:
>http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2005-May/194004.html

This didn't even have an appropriate subject line, a lot (most?) of
us never saw it.

>"The definition of On Topic", Jan 2005
>http://www.classiccmp.org/pipermail/cctalk/2005-January/057970.html

This sounds like an attempt to define a totally different list than
this has *EVER* been.  If I read this correctly we should avoid
speaking of Unix, OpenVMS, Mac OS, and even Amiga OS, and maybe even
TOS.  That leaves a pretty narrow field.  Even I can recognize that
older

And yes, as you've no doubt figured I feel quite strongly about this
subject as do several other members who have been here a very long
time.  Just because something a fair number of us are either
disinterested in, or actively dislike becomes on topic is not a
reason to change one of the founding principles of this list.  In
fact it goes against another founding principle of the list.

		Zane