IBM 10SR is from what system?; IBM S/34

JP Hindin jplist at kiwigeek.com
Tue Aug 29 11:20:33 CDT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Aug 29, 2006, at 10:34 AM, JP Hindin wrote:
> >> There's a mom+pop computer shop in Takoma Park, MD that likes to
> >> stick all
> >> the oldest hardware they have in their front window. The only thing
> >> they
> >> have I've never seen before is a hard disk assembly, in a clear
> >> plastic
> >> case (maybe 30cm by 50cm), 3 platers, with a warranty sticker that
> >> says
> >> IBM and 10SR. I'm curious what sort of systems these were used in.
> >
> > Does this look right?
> > 	http://www.kiwigeek.com/hjp/comps/IBM_s34/OnTruck/P1010009.jpg
>
>    Oh I'd *so* like to spend a little Quality Time with one of those.
> It'd be neat to attempt to design an interface for it.
>
>              -Dave

Make your way to Iowa and it's yours ;)
(Shameless plug to follow)

Free for pickup one IBM System/34, complete with
documentation and print sets. OS, couple hundred 8" floppies, 20 8"
jukebox cartridges (for it's internal 8" 10-floppy changer). Even comes
with three appropriate modems ;)
Four internal 64MB disks.

JP
Middle o' Iowa.