Enterprise 64/128 peripherals

Jules Richardson julesrichardsonuk at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 14:32:24 CDT 2006

I sent this one to Witchy the other day, but I think he's on holiday, so...
maybe there are other Enterprise experts on the list :)

Anyone know what Enterprise peripherals actually made it into production other
than the EXDOS interface? We've got a lot of marketing stuff with the machine
we were given the other day, and I've seen reference to expansion boxes,
memory modules, home security systems, graphics tablets, mice, speech
synthesisers.

I know the floppy drives themselves never existed outside of marketing mock-ups.

In fact, did the Enterprise-branded monitor even make it? Enterprise seemed
very good at making full-scale production-quality mock ups of vapourware, so
just the fact that it exists in posters doesn't mean much :)

It's one seriously cool machine though, and the specs are pretty darn good for
the time (way ahead of most other UK micros that were about) - it really
deserved to do better.

cheers

Jules

--
If you've ever wondered how you get triangles from a cow
You need buttermilk and cheese, and an equilateral chainsaw