ZX-81 / TS 1000 keyboards

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat Dec 2 09:52:16 CST 2006

On Dec 2, 2006, at 6:39 AM, Gordon JC Pearce wrote:
>> At this late date it would probably be easier to design
>> and build an interface so that a common PS/2-type keyboard
>> could be used, along with some self-adhesive key-top stickers.
>
> Seems like overkill - the interface would need more processor power
> than the ZX81, most likely.

   Nah, not even close.  In the unit I mentioned in my other message
on this topic, the keyboard encoder processor (which also did a bunch
of other housekeeping) was a PIC16C65B clocked at 32KHz.  (no typo
there)

>   There *must* be a company that makes membrane keyboards, and will
> do a shortish run.  I'd certainly donate a working-ish keyboard to
> get some made up...

   Yup, I mentioned one in my other message.  We can get this done.

                     -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL