Discussion of large systems

William Donzelli wdonzelli at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 13:50:49 CST 2006

> I recently discovered a UNIVAC 9400 and 9300 in the museum of
> telecommunications' warehouse here in Norway. These are machines
> replicating the System/360 instruction set (of the mod. 30 and 20,
> respectively). The 9300, I don't currently know much about, but speaking
> for the 9400, the card punch, card reader, and line printer have been
> preserved. They seem in excellent condition.

This is good to know. I would like to know where any and all surviving
9300 systems are.

Probably on my next Westward trip in May, bitsavers will be getting a
zillion 9300 cards (assemblers, linkers, and applications) to read and
archived for the common good. All we need now is for someone with 9300
maintenance docs to get over to bitsavers also for the common good.

--
Will