Apple-1 History?

C. Sullivan feedle at feedle.net
Fri Dec 8 12:57:00 CST 2006

Dave Dunfield wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I've been having an esclating correspondance with a chap named
> "Murray Balascak" (anyone know him?) - who contacted me regarding
> his displeasure with my mention of the Apple-1 on the Apple-II page of
> my site - here is what I have posted as part of my introdiuction to the
> Apple-II:

Dave:

Your page seems to accurately describe the Apple I, and contains nothing
that is historically inaccurate.  The guy's complaints don't seem very
relevant.  The KIM-1 is of interest only in the general scheme of
6502-based computers, and perhaps as an interesting historical side-note
in the history of Commodore Business Machines (as they bought MOS
Technologies sometime soon after the KIM-1).

FWIW, I was around in those early days (like a lot around here).  My
first exposure to a "personal computer" was through the Explorer post in
Orange County, who had a small collection of Apple I computers in
various configurations.  I also saw a lot of Imsai and Altair machines
as well in that age.

I didn't see a KIM-1 until I was in college, and then it was considered
an "artifact."