Targa/TIGA/??? was Re: TMS340x0

Chris M chrism3667 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 11 17:27:48 CST 2006

--- Kelly Leavitt <kelly at catcorner.org> wrote:

> [...]

 to convert .tga to those formats?

> I worked at the video lab for the County College of
> Morris (in New Jersey) back in 90-92. They also had
> some SGI stuff and some film printers for the PC.
> All networked via ethernet. Pretty advanced for a
> community college.

 But am I correct in asserting that *somehow* this
device could control the individual micro-dots (not
the Berkeley kind LOL LOL) that make up a pixel? Prior
to VGA, and although the ability wasn't altogether
absent from the computer world then, photorealistic
imagery was possible, IIRC, on a stock digital
monitor???