History of EDA (electronic design automation)?

Philip Pemberton classiccmp at philpem.me.uk
Tue Dec 12 10:48:04 CST 2006

Chuck Guzis wrote:
> I've still got a copy of the first Orcad SDT--ran on a PC-XT (I think
> it coiuld run on floppies) using CGA or Hercules.

 From what I can gather, you needed two floppy drives - one for the OrCAD
program disc, and another for your 'work' disc.

I've been looking for a copy of SDT/386 (and the manuals) for a while - my
eBay stored search hasn't fired in months :(

--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
classiccmp at philpem.me.uk      | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain