S/36 is back on ebay...

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Sun Dec 17 19:18:35 CST 2006

In article <200612171249.21812.pat at computer-refuge.org>,
    Patrick Finnegan <pat at computer-refuge.org>  writes:

> It looks like the IBM 5360 in Kansas is back on ebay (the seller says
> that the buyer didn't pick it up; probably didn't realize the size of
> these things...)
>
> http://search.ebay.com/130059850446

What's a 5251 display station?  Looks like a terminal to me :-).

I tried finding stuff on google, but most of it is documentation for
products /emulating/ a 5251.

It appears to be part of that coax cable terminal networking stuff and
associated with a 5250 display station controller.

What's the controller do?  Are the smarts in the controller with the
keyboard and display being relatively dumb?