KRQ50/RRD40 problems

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Mon Dec 18 16:45:40 CST 2006

>   I didn't have a cable to connect the drive and controller, so I made one.
> Is the cable just supposed to be a DB15M <-> DB15F with all pins wired
> straight thru?  Is there anything special about the cable?

Probably not a lot of help, but if that interface is the same physically
as the DA15 connector on other Philips/LMS CD-ROMs, I have the service
manual for the CDD462. It's little more than a schematic and an
incomplete parts list (the CDD462 is based on an audio CD-player, and
you're expected to have the service manual for that!), but it would
contain the interface pinout. Let me know if you want me to dig it out.