Advice for tape drive repair / maintenance

Alexandre Souza alexandre-listas at e-secure.com.br
Wed Dec 20 03:00:32 CST 2006

> I hear that so often about Laserjet 4 series printers. Time and again
> someone asks what the best laser printer is to get, and there'll be a
> flurry of people telling them to get a used Laserjet 4.  Practically
> bomb-proof those things are.
> Possibly the last good-quality product that HP built? :-)

    You can call them "war hummers", because the "war tank" was the HP III
:o) It **is** bomb-proof, made to last decades (!). The HP4 isn't the
"last". The HP 5 is also a good printer (more beautiful, infrared printing,
newer) but it stops there. HP forgot how to made durable printers on the
5L/6L line. The 1000 series are good printers, but all-plastic and no RIP
inside, you depend on the PC for everything. How can I connect my HP1662A
logic analyzer if there is no serial port? :oO