Other Bazaar Boards

Wayne Johnson wsj at garlic.com
Wed Dec 20 17:48:30 CST 2006

HI,

I saw your post about, what ever happened to John Bell. We were friends in
high school, but I lost touch with him.
Yesterday I learned he passed away. He is listed as deceased on our high
school web site.

Do you know any other information about John?

Thanks,
Wayne

http://classreport.org/main/classdirectory.asp?dname=/usa/ca/san_mateo/smhs/&clid=11399&cl=1966&hs=SMHS&clr1=orangered&clr2=black&clr3=lightgrey&stcnt=325&ch=B&f=d

The John Bell 6502 board used to be advertised in the back pages of pre-1980
Byte magazines, along with a selection of other JB cards.  I seem to recall
the 6502 card was minimal-chip system essentially aimed at "embedded
processor" type applications.  So I don't think it came with a preprogrammed
EPROM; you were expected to develop your own firmware for it.  They had
another bare board for a video display terminal based on an Intel 8085
(basically an implementation of the circuit in an Intel application note)
and they also sold some low-cost interface cards for Apple II parallel
interfacing using the 6522 VIA chips that were then popular in Commodore
Pets.  I remember building a couple of those JB interfaces for lab
experiments.  I wonder who "John Bell" was and whatever happened to him?

Arlen Michaels