HP 2000F'

Mike Gemeny MGemeny at pgcps.org
Fri Dec 22 09:35:46 CST 2006

The simplest distinction between HP2000 F and Access is that, F and everything prior (As I recall) used KILL-name (or KIL-name) to delete a program so that one could save a new version of it. Access changed that to PURGE-name (or PUR-name) for better "Political Correctness". I even remember that the system at Laurel HS in Laurel MD "Patti", made this change in the summer of 1976.

Does ether "kill" or "purge" ring a bell to you, Richard?

I see many people telling wonderful stories about HP2000 systems. If some of the others could also share with us where the systems were located, someone else in the group may also remember some of them.

Three of the original HP2000 operating systems are running under SIMH, version E, F, and Access. If anyone is interested in booting up a real HP2000 TSB OS on simulated hardware (E should run on Unix, all three should run on Windoz), you may want to checkout: