88-ACR KCS modification

Grant Stockly grant at stockly.com
Mon Dec 25 17:00:27 CST 2006

I'm trying to modify my 88-ACR to work with the KCS specification.

Does anyone know where the information on modifying the 88-ACR to
read/wrote KCS audio is?

Also, I was wondering if anyone ever looked at this card?  The XR210 chip
MITS used for demodulation of the FSK signal is capable of MODULATING
too.  (with both mark and space frequencies).  Does anyone know why they
would have used 5 ICs and a few opamps to do the modulation when they could
have used the other half of a chip already present?

Grant