an ADM-3A cam in tod...ay

Jay West jwest at classiccmp.org
Thu Dec 28 22:22:34 CST 2006

Alexander wrote...
>    I'm yet to see some "oddball" tube into a monitor. I use to replace
> them here in Brazil with old mono VGA tubes.

You've probably not seen an oddball tube in a pc monitor, but....

The tube used in the HP 264x series is uncommon size & curvature, as is the
tube in my DG 5821NT terminal.

Now, unless you have a source that can sell new tubes of custom size for
less than $50 each, I think I'll take the time to go the Steve Loboyko route
:)

Come to think of it, very few of the crt tubes in my collection are easily
replaceable with "off the shelf" parts. But then, maybe I'm just not
familiar with the places that sell all different sizes & curvatures for
reasonable prices. Maybe my tubes ARE stock sizes. But I don't seem to be
able to find them :D

Jay West