Network question

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun Dec 31 20:32:21 CST 2006

At 9:22 PM -0500 12/31/06, Sean Conner wrote:
>   Other problems including speed and duplex mismatches between the 2GHz
>system and the hub it's plugged into (I've run into that problem a few times
>at work) or perhaps a marginal cable (between the computer and hub, or hub
>to hub).

I've had nightmarish problems over the years with bad ports on
switches.  I spent quite a bit of time trying to figure out why I was
having so much trouble with my PDP-11 running RSTS/E and DECnet/E,
and it turned out to be the one switch.  Another time I was getting
crazy slow speeds between a 2Ghz P4 running XP and a dual 2Ghz Mac.

		Zane