SEMI OT END OF TELEGRAM AGE STOP

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 12:40:14 CST 2006

> > They should be on the same rack with the handheld TV's that will become
> > useless when we go all digital.
>
> And the same deal with radios...
>
> Great, an increase of channels with worse reception and programming quality
> than analogue - all in the name of progress :( Grrr!

And more complciated receivers, with more custom parts, worse
documentation, and higher power consumption (I am told the battery life
on portable digital radios is a total joke).

When the analogue TV transmitters are finally turned off, I, for one,
will not be renewing my TV license. There are many more intersting things
to do than watch TV...