HP2648A tape drive capstans

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 4 16:56:58 CST 2006

> I fixed mine my cleaning off the goo and sliding a
> thick piece of surgical tubing over the pinch roller.
> I had to strech the tubing quite a bit, but it works
> just fine. I have heard other people use o-rings but I
> don't know they keep them on.

I use O-rings to rebuild the 9810 card reader roller, but I turn a new
hub from brass rod with a groove to take the O-ring....

Making a complete new metal hub for the tape drive would be a lot harder,
due to the tachometer disk at the bottom end (I am not sure how easy it
would be to move this to the new metal hub).