Speaking of mice & keyboards

Teo Zenios teoz at neo.rr.com
Thu Feb 2 14:57:36 CST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Doc Shipley" <doc at mdrconsult.com>
To: <General at mdrconsult.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:39 PM
Subject: Re: Speaking of mice & keyboards

> Teo Zenios wrote:
> > Belkin makes an overpriced small box that converts ADB into 2 separate
PS/2
> > type inputs (and I think converts apples old video plug to standard vga)
> > they sell to interface with their PS2 style KVM's. They show up on ebay
all
> > the time, but are $20+ or more I think.
>
>    $20 would actually be acceptable, expecially if it has a decent
> vbideo converter.
>
> > What machine do you run A/UX on and what version of the software?
>
>    Quadra 700 with 64MB, and version 3.1.
>
>    A couple of years ago I bought a literal pickup-load of Mac gear and
> broken VCRs just to get the original A/UX CDs and boot floppies.
> *Nothing* in that $75 load worked except the A/UX software and one 1GB
> SCSI drive.
>

> Doc

I spent $50 (mostly shipping) to get my first A/UX 3.1 media and manuals
(for the aws95) from a guy in New Zealand. years later I got a new set mint
in shrinkwrap from a guy close to me for free along with a mint AWS 95 free.

I would be surprised that a whole truckload of Macs would be dead, not so
surprised that all of them won't boot because of a dead PRAM battery (every
machine I acquired needed one).

http://www.kvms.com/nav/item.asp?item=1149

This is the device I was talking about, expensive new (worth a few times
what the Quadra 700 would cost to replace) but can be found on ebay if you
keep looking.