HP2648A tape drive capstans

Richard legalize at xmission.com
Fri Feb 3 15:36:19 CST 2006

In article <200602031252020065.586468DF at 10.0.0.252>,
    "Chuck Guzis" <cclist at sydex.com>  writes:

> Not to put too much of fine point on it, but are we talking about capstans
> or pinch rollers?

I'm probably calling them the wrong thing through ignorance and
assumptions! :-)

I believe you are correct based on this picture:
<http://www.lenoxx.com/manuals/CD101/Image74.gif>

So yes, its the pinch roller that looks like a pile of goo on a
spindle :-)

> At any rate, would any of the commercially available replacement parts for
> VCRs or audio tape do the job?

As you can see, I'm so much of a n00b that I can't even name the parts
properly, so I'm not one to answer that! :-)
             Pilgrimage: Utah's annual demoparty
                <http://pilgrimage.scene.org>