c= stuff

John Foust jfoust at threedee.com
Wed Feb 15 18:24:31 CST 2006

At 05:54 PM 2/15/2006, Roy J. Tellason wrote:
>It's my understanding that the folks interested in these are using them in
>audio synthesizer type applications.

"Emulation" has a new shade of meaning in this context, doesn't it?
Incorporating old chips into new designs in order to perfectly
reproduce unique functionality like the quirks of the SID audio.

>> Has anyone ever determined why SID chips were so sensitive and
>> tried to determine a preventative?
>
>Sensitive how?

SID and CIA chips used to die left and right back in the day, no?
CIAs are understandable because they dealt with I/O connectors,
but I thought SID chips died often, too.

- John