Xenix 286?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Feb 22 00:45:39 CST 2006

On 2/22/2006 at 1:15 AM spc at conman.org wrote:

>  I belive OS/2 1x did this.  IBM insisted on OS/2 supporting the 286
while
>Microsoft wanted to skip it and support the 386 and above (this was one
>disagreement between IBM and Microsoft that lead to the split between the
>two).

I can believe that OS/2 swapped segments, but it'd be pretty surprising to
me to find out that they'd defined a fixed page size.  I've still got OS/2
1.1 and 1.2 kicking around somewhere, complete with the SDK stuff--all
printed, bound material.  A wonder of careful technical writing.  IIRC, if
the SDK docs say something works a certain way, it does.

Microsoft SDK/DDK documentation was a rude surprise after that.

Cheers,
Chuck