WTD: Card separators/risers

B. Degnan billdeg at degnanco.com
Thu Feb 23 07:51:42 CST 2006

Hi -
I searched for card separators on Digikey, Code Micro, or Jameco (some 
people call them "risers.") - no specific luck.  I have emailed them for 
assistance.  In the mean time...

As I wrote before I am trying to install a small computer board on top of a 
computer motherboard, so that the smaller board is about 9/16" separated 
from the motherboard.  There is not much clearance and I want to just make 
it a few hairs above the IC's on the motherboard or I can't close the lid 
of the computer.  There are holes in both boards that line up for the 
risers (the small board is made to be attached to the motherboard with 
risers).  My local Radio Shack's card separators/risers are either too 
short or too tall.

The card separators/risers have screw holes on either end so that you can 
fasten them to the boards.

Does anyone in this group have four 9/16" risers that they'd like to sell 
or trade me?  I actually found two in my supplies, but I need four of the 
same height.  If anyone would like a picture to get a better idea of what I 
need, let me know via private email.

Bill Degnan

More information about the cctech mailing list