WTD: Card separators/risers

B. Degnan billdeg at degnanco.com
Thu Feb 23 07:51:42 CST 2006

Hi -
I searched for card separators on Digikey, Code Micro, or Jameco (some
people call them "risers.") - no specific luck.  I have emailed them for
assistance.  In the mean time...

As I wrote before I am trying to install a small computer board on top of a
computer motherboard, so that the smaller board is about 9/16" separated
from the motherboard.  There is not much clearance and I want to just make
it a few hairs above the IC's on the motherboard or I can't close the lid
of the computer.  There are holes in both boards that line up for the
risers (the small board is made to be attached to the motherboard with
risers).  My local Radio Shack's card separators/risers are either too
short or too tall.

The card separators/risers have screw holes on either end so that you can
fasten them to the boards.

Does anyone in this group have four 9/16" risers that they'd like to sell
or trade me?  I actually found two in my supplies, but I need four of the
same height.  If anyone would like a picture to get a better idea of what I
need, let me know via private email.

Bill Degnan