Real Old School Programming (was: Re: Where to buy a Selectric?)

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Sun Jan 1 13:06:17 CST 2006

On 1/1/2006 at 1:00 PM Mike Loewen wrote:

>http://ripsaw.cac.psu.edu/~mloewen/DeadStart6600.jpg

Is that a mock-up reproduction, Mike?  It's been a long time since I've
seen a 6000 without a CEJ/MEJ switch!  It's kind of hard to believe that
there would be any left around without one.

Let's see if I can still read the code:

0000  7512	       		DCN  12
0001   7712 4000    	FNC   4000,12
0003  7712 0001          FNC  1,12
0005  7712 1100		FNC	1100,12
0007  2000 0160        LDC   160
0011   7412                  ACN  12
0012  7112 0015           IAM   0015,12

Which looks sort of reasonable except for the 224 character record length
on what's being read.  Do you know what system this was set up to
deadstart?

IIRC, we used some of the 6683 "don't care" bits in the FNC's to set
indicators for the deadstart program.

Cheers,
Chuck