Burroughs L-series

Alan Perry alanp at snowmoose.com
Sun Jan 1 20:09:45 CST 2006

> From: M H Stein <dm561 at torfree.net>
>
> A couple of years ago I met a couple of people on here that had
> Burroughs L-series computers, but lost track of them in the meantime.
> (I think there's an L5000 at Bletchley, but they probably don't need
> or want anything).
>
> I'm about to toss out the last remnants of my L stuff (programming
> manuals, memory cards, tape drive, TD-700 display, etc.)
>
> If there's anyone out there still interested, send me an email off-list
> before they go into landfill.

What are the Burroughs L-series computers?  I started working for
Burroughs just before the Sperry merger and I guess I missed the
L-series.

I collect B1000 stuff (or, I would collect it if I could find anything)
and acquired a bunch of B20 systems a couple of years ago, so I collect
them now.

Other than a museum that asked me if I ever found a B1000, I haven't
found any other collectors of Burroughs stuff.

alan