VAXStation 8000?

Michael Thompson m_thompson at ids.net
Wed Jan 4 08:08:27 CST 2006

I have what I believe to be most of a VAXstation 8000. It is about the size
of a MV-II, but it is about 10" longer. The front 8" hinges open so you can
get to the back of disk drives. It holds a bunch of 5 1/2" disks. The sides
open like a clam shell. The the VAXBI card cage is in one side. There is
room for a second card cage. I belive that this is where the ES graphics
card cage goes.

At 12:28 AM 1/4/2006, you wrote:
>On 1/4/06, 9000 VAX <vax9000 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 1/3/06, Ethan Dicks <ethan.dicks at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >-
> > > I don't have one, but I remember running into them at DECUS
> > > conventions...
>
> > and with a VAXBI bus and  a slow CPU (maybe same as VAX8250/8350)
>
>I don't recall them being VAXBI-based.  My recollection was that they
>were Qbus-based - essentially a VAXstation-II/GPX, but with *much*
>more powerful graphics cards.
>
>Anyone with actual experience (mine was limited to pushing the mouse
>around and twisting the dialbox knobs) can feel free to chime in with
>corrections/details.
>
>-ethan

Michael Thompson
E-Mail: M_Thompson at IDS.net