Non-random numbers (SIMH PDP-8)?

Ashley Carder wacarder at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 10 08:29:59 CST 2006

I don't know about the OS8 PDP-8 BASIC, but on the RSTS/E PDP-11 Basic-Plus, the same sequence of random numbers would always be returned unless you used the RANDOMIZE statement, which changes the random number seed.

If your PDP-8 OS8 BASIC supports it, add a RANDOMIZE statement and you should then get a different series of random numbers each time.

Ashley