Sorting out the BIT order of the RAM in the PX4

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 10 17:40:04 CST 2006

> Rumor has it that Tony Duell may have mentioned these words:
>
> >but I don't have any spare carriers for the EPROMs).
>
> What size/type EPROMs and carriers does it take? Are they 8K 24-pin ROMs
> (Motorola 68764/66) with a carrier like the Panasonic HHC? If so, I have
> lots... and lots...

They are 28 pin DIL EPROMs (I will have to check which ones are
supported, some or all of 27C64, 27C128, 27C256). They're the same design
of carrier as for the HHC, but a little longer.

> If they're 32K 28-pin ROMs and the carrier is similar to the
> Model  100/102/200 series machines, then there's the ROMBO/MOMBO solution

It is the same carrier as is used for the expansion ROM on the M100 (and
I assume the other machines in that series).

I am sure these were a standard part at one time (if only because so many
machines seemed to use them. But I've never seen them in catalogues.

> at club100.org -- see my good friend Rick Hanson, he may still have some (I
> have three, I just haven't finished the adapter to be able to burn 'em).

OK, I'll take a look...