Thanks again, Dave!

Tony Duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 12 09:27:29 CST 2006

> > Heh.  There are three monitors on my desk,  four machines above it on the
> > "second level" I built when things started getting tight,  and a
> > (seldom-used) monitor sitting on top of those,
>
> I think I already mentioned "KVM".

Yes, but this is classiccmp :-). Exactly none of the 180+ machines I have
here would work with a normal KVM switch (most don't have PC-like
keyboard interfaces, none have VGA-type monitors). A KVM swtich will not
help when the monintors taking up you desk belong to things like
classic-PERQs. Or, indeed, when the monitor is built into the machine

> > I have somewhere around here the original IBM card that has the DB37 on the
> > back of it,
>
> If you are not doing any HD or 8", this might work (except for the physical
> problem you mentioned) - Check my web site I have details on how I put

Certainly for the normal 5.25" data rates, that card is strictly DD only
(it won't do single density).