HP 1000 interface identification

Brent Hilpert hilpert at cs.ubc.ca
Thu Jan 12 18:34:22 CST 2006

A while ago I found a mention of the 12665 at Jeff Moffat's site.
To quote a quote from there:

  "The kit provides for communications between two computers over
   long distances in a heavy industrial noise environment."

Go to:

   http://oscar.taurus.com/~jeff/2100/iocards/iocards2.txt

and do a text search for 12665. According to the above it's the PCA
in interface kit type 12771. (Going up a level in the URL provides
an email address to get the manual.)

Perhaps (I'm speculating) it's RS-422/3 instead of RS-232.

(I've been compiling a list of HP 21 I/O interfaces with cross-refs
to web sources. I hope to put it up on the web 'real soon now'.)