Stupid Mac Ethernet question

Richard A. Cini rcini at optonline.net
Sat Jan 14 19:36:45 CST 2006

After some experimentation, I at least got it partially fixed it. I
connected the old switching hub (has 100TX MDX port for the "backbone")
which I connected to the new switch. Then, I connected the Mac to one of the
hub ports -- pretty much the way it was before the upgrade.

Now, I can see the UAM volume on the NT Server (and the AppleTalk zone) but
I still can't get across the gateway and out to the Internet -- it claims
that it can't find a DNS server (I have it pointing to an internal server on
the same subnet).